Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Coronavirus Remote Education and Dancing 

Day Five March 24, 2020 TUESDAY


Was at my Computer for 15 hours yesterday with two one hour breaks. One for lunch and one for dinner. Never went out and never exercised. I already broke my first rule  SELF-CARE FIRST.  I am definitely going to practice that today.

So I Got up early enough to go to Whole Foods before the crowds and to take advantage of early morning shopping for Seniors. In addition to groceries, we really need to get masks and more gloves. Didn’t think I was going to need a mask but if I want to go out at least once a day for a walk I feel it is socially irresponsible not to have the proper protection, for all concerned. I now have two friends who have self-quarantined for two weeks, one of them has early symptoms but is doing really well, she put up a video on Facebook. Here is the link, everyone should go hear what she has to say about her situation. https://www.facebook.com/andrew.jannetti.9

The other friend just got really nervous having to travel to Grand Central by subway every day for work. She decided it wasn’t worth the risk or the stress, especially as someone in the high risk category.

Big shout out to all those people going into work who are able to and are part of the essential work force. Please be careful and follow all protocols. It has to be concerning when you are out in public. You don’t want to bring anything home.

The National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) is sponsoring online webinars for Online Dance Teaching Tips. They asked me if I would be on one of the panels for Early Childhood. More info to follow soon.

Right now I am online answering any concerns and checking into my classes. All is quiet so I think I might do a little stretching. I noticed that yesterday one of my 4th grade students responded to my question at 11:15 pm And it looks like most of them logged into my class after 1:30pm. Just I am getting ready to call it quits.

Oh Well: REMOTE DANCING!!  Ain’t all it is cracked up to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment